Surface mount VCSELs deliver a distributed source for low laser light therapy.
VCSELs are a type of semiconductor laser. They are similar to LEDs in that the light is emitted from the surface of the wafer or chip. With conventional edge-emitting lasers, the light is emitted from the edge of the chip, requiring that the wafer be sawn or cleaved, and the chip packaged, before testing.
Current News & Events
- Vixar announces a family of high power 850nm and 680nm VCSEL arrays for consumer, medical and industrial applications Posted on: Sep 30th, 2014
- CES 2014: Vixar VCSEL Technology Drives Wide Range of New Applications Posted on: Jan 7th, 2014
- Vixar and Partners Demonstrate A Low Cost Revolution for Multi-Gigabit Optical Interconnect Posted on: Jan 2nd, 2013
- Vixar and Lockheed Martin Collaborate On Neurostimulation Project Posted on: Sep 28th, 2012
- NIH awards Vixar a Phase I SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) contract to develop a tunable VCSEL Posted on: Sep 25th, 2012