Surface mount VCSELs deliver a distributed source for low laser light therapy.
Custom Product Examples
Some customer’s VCSEL-based light source requirements are not met by current products on the market. Other customers want a VCSEL-based solution at a higher level of integration than Vixar offers in its standard products. Vixar specializes in solving these problems that are typical of emerging and niche markets.
Our technical staff has the necessary expertise and experience (packaging, electrical engineering, photonics engineering, mechanical design) and our manufacturing partners have been chosen to facilitate these types of projects.
Examples of custom projects that Vixar has engaged in include:
- 14” Laser scanning units based on VCSEL arrays (vs. rotating prisms)
- Monolithic integration of a VCSEL, photodetector and temperature sensor within a single chip
- Integration of VCSELs and other components into an industry standard package (e.g., VCSEL, TEC, thermistor in a TO-5 package)
- Array chips, with customer-specified VCSEL count, pitch, and geometry
- VCSELs with specific wavelengths (different than our standard products)
- VCSELs optimized for efficiency or output power
- Packaging on customer supplied submounts
Current News & Events
- Vixar announces a family of high power 850nm and 680nm VCSEL arrays for consumer, medical and industrial applications Posted on: Sep 30th, 2014
- CES 2014: Vixar VCSEL Technology Drives Wide Range of New Applications Posted on: Jan 7th, 2014
- Vixar and Partners Demonstrate A Low Cost Revolution for Multi-Gigabit Optical Interconnect Posted on: Jan 2nd, 2013
- Vixar and Lockheed Martin Collaborate On Neurostimulation Project Posted on: Sep 28th, 2012
- NIH awards Vixar a Phase I SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) contract to develop a tunable VCSEL Posted on: Sep 25th, 2012