Surface mount VCSELs deliver a distributed source for low laser light therapy.
Vixar and Partners Demonstrate A Low Cost Revolution for Multi-Gigabit Optical Interconnect
January 2, 2013
Vixar Inc., Chromis Fiberoptics, Silicon Line, and Unive Inc. collaborate to demonstrate 1st POF-based compact mobile high-speed HDMI AOC.
Consumer Electronics Show, Las Vegas, NV, January 2, 2013: Vixar, a supplier of high performance, energy efficient, optoelectronic components and subassemblies, has worked closely with Chromis Fiberoptics, Silicon Line GmbH, and Unive Inc. to be first to demonstrate a compact mobile high-speed HDMI Active Optical Cable (AOC) using Plastic Optical Fiber (POF). The demonstration will be at the 2013 International CES event (Booth #75508, located in The Venetian), January 8-11, 2013.
Data rate increases in standards-based media interconnect are beyond the limits of copper for practical cable lengths, yet the price of glass fiber is prohibitive for many applications from 3 to 100 meters. While copper is the lowest cost for the very shortest bandwidth-distance needs, it has severe practical reach (distance) limits, e.g., a few meters for USB
Current News & Events
- Vixar announces a family of high power 850nm and 680nm VCSEL arrays for consumer, medical and industrial applications Posted on: Sep 30th, 2014
- CES 2014: Vixar VCSEL Technology Drives Wide Range of New Applications Posted on: Jan 7th, 2014
- Vixar and Partners Demonstrate A Low Cost Revolution for Multi-Gigabit Optical Interconnect Posted on: Jan 2nd, 2013
- Vixar and Lockheed Martin Collaborate On Neurostimulation Project Posted on: Sep 28th, 2012
- NIH awards Vixar a Phase I SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) contract to develop a tunable VCSEL Posted on: Sep 25th, 2012