Surface mount VCSELs deliver a distributed source for low laser light therapy.
Vixar Raises $2.5M in Series B Funding from Phoenix Venture Partners
April 30, 2012
Plymouth, MN: Vixar, a supplier of high performance, energy efficient, optoelectronic components and subassemblies, raised $2.5M in Series B financing from Phoenix Venture Partners (PVP).
Vixar specializes in components and custom subassemblies of a type of semiconductor laser known as a VCSEL (Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser). These devices enable miniaturization and improved energy efficiency for wireless industrial and medical sensors, the reduction in size and cost of medical diagnostic equipment for personalized medicine, and higher speed, lower cost links for consumer based networks and equipment. The Series B funding allows Vixar to put in place the personnel and processes required for expanding our strategic partnerships, customers, and scaling our production capability.
Current News & Events
- Vixar announces a family of high power 850nm and 680nm VCSEL arrays for consumer, medical and industrial applications Posted on: Sep 30th, 2014
- CES 2014: Vixar VCSEL Technology Drives Wide Range of New Applications Posted on: Jan 7th, 2014
- Vixar and Partners Demonstrate A Low Cost Revolution for Multi-Gigabit Optical Interconnect Posted on: Jan 2nd, 2013
- Vixar and Lockheed Martin Collaborate On Neurostimulation Project Posted on: Sep 28th, 2012
- NIH awards Vixar a Phase I SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) contract to develop a tunable VCSEL Posted on: Sep 25th, 2012