Surface mount VCSELs deliver a distributed source for low laser light therapy.
News & Events
Vixar announces a family of high power 850nm and 680nm VCSEL arrays for consumer, medical and industrial applications
– Applications include 3D scanning, gesture recognition sensors, IR illumination for security systems and medical scanning
Plymouth, MN: Vixar announces a family of high power Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL)arrays targeting consumer, medical, industrial and automotive applications. Samples are available at both the 850nm and 680nm wavelengths and are optimized for output power ranging from 50mW to 10W.
Applications include 3D scanning, gesture recognition sensors, IR illumination for security systems, medical scanning and medical low light laser therapy. The VCSEL arrays combine high power, high energy efficiency, narrow spectral width, narrow beam divergence, low speckle, and high reliability characteristics into a single miniaturized light source. Custom die layout, packaging, and integration with optical elements such as diffusers or lenses can be tailored to the customer’s application.
“Vixar’s approach is to create products designed simultaneously for performance, reliability and manufacturability.” explained Klein Johnson, CTO and co-founder of Vixar. “In parallel with the product design we have established a production capability and supply chain that allows us to ship several million units per month of these high power arrays”.
Samples are available now in industry standard PLCC surface mount packaging and also on evaluation boards. For more information, please contact:
About Vixar: Vixar is a high volume supplier of Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) devices and subassemblies in the red and near IR. The company was founded in 2005 by a team with two decades of experience in developing and bringing VCSEL products to market. The company has a portfolio of standard chips and packaging,as well as the ability to customize products by wavelength, die configuration or alternative packaging.
Current News & Events
- Vixar announces a family of high power 850nm and 680nm VCSEL arrays for consumer, medical and industrial applications Posted on: Sep 30th, 2014
- CES 2014: Vixar VCSEL Technology Drives Wide Range of New Applications Posted on: Jan 7th, 2014
- Vixar and Partners Demonstrate A Low Cost Revolution for Multi-Gigabit Optical Interconnect Posted on: Jan 2nd, 2013
- Vixar and Lockheed Martin Collaborate On Neurostimulation Project Posted on: Sep 28th, 2012
- NIH awards Vixar a Phase I SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) contract to develop a tunable VCSEL Posted on: Sep 25th, 2012